Monday, August 9, 2010

BREAKING NEWS: O'Neill Quits as Aston Villa Manager


Martin O'Neill has resigned as Aston Villa manager just days before the season started. O'Neill took over for Aston Villa about 4 years ago, and Villa has had a successful run with him at the helm. O'Neill lead Villa to 11th place in his first season as manager, and the past three seasons, Villa have placed sixth, good enough for Europe. O'Neill said this about his time at Aston Villa, "I have enjoyed my time at Aston Villa immensely. It's obviously a wrench to be leaving such a magnificent cub. I would like to pay tribute to the Villa players, my coaching staff and the Villa supporters for all the support and encouragement they have given both the club and me personally during my time as manager." Aston Villa stated that reserve team manager Kevin MacDonald has taken the role of caretaker manager. Aston Villa starts out it's campaign with an opening day match at Vila Park when they host West Ham United. Thanks to ESPN Soccernet.

No comments: