Friday, July 18, 2008

Claudio Reyna Announces Retirement


The New York Red Bulls designated player Claudio Reyna has announced his retirement from professional soccer. Reyna, the former captain of the United States men soccer team, has one of the most interesting and best careers in US soccer history. " For the past 14 years, the game of soccer has granted me so many opportunities in life. I have been fortunate enough to represent at my country at the highest level and play the sport I love in stadiums I love and places I could of only dreamed of when I was growing up," Reyna said. Claudio Reyna was the captain for the men's national team during the 2002 and 2006 World Cup. Reyna finished with 112 caps for his country. Reyna is the only American to ever be named to the World Cup All-Star team after his efforts in 2002. Reyna also played for many clubs including Manchester City, Bayer Leverkusen, Sunderland, Glasgow Rangers, and a few more. Claudio Reyna has left the " beautiful game" with so much to be proud with. Thanks Claudio!!!!!! 

No comments: